I’ve recently been given a copy of Gordon Ramsay’s new cookbook – Gordon Ramsay’s Healthy Appetite, Recipes From The f Word as a present. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I opened up the packaging:)
From first glance, the menu inside looks fresh, delicious and yes healthy!! Dispersed among the recipes are useful and correct tidbits on nutrition and healthy cooking ideas, not to mention the obligatory food porn photos:)
Seeing as there’s been quite a bit of chilly rain lately, Herr Moutard and I wanted a hearty, warming meal so decided to make a curry from the cookbook, originally named Spicy Beef Curry.
To clarify, unlike other food blogs, I will not be posting full recipes straight from cookbooks, primarily due to legal reasons. I do however, want to share my experiences and opinions about the recipes I try.
Spicy Beef Curry – From Gordon Ramsay’s Healthy Appetites From the f Word
1. The beef is cut into chunks, seasoned and marinated with yoghurt.
2. The spices are toasted and ground in a mortar and pestle.
4. The spice mix was added, along with tomato puree, stock and other fresh herbs and green chillies.
5. Finally the beef is added and the entire pot is simmered for 3 – 4 hours, depending on the type of beef used.
It's all in!
3 hours later
6. We served the curry with steamed basmati rice. Another suggestion was to sprinkle the top with fresh coriander.
The curry was delicious! It was rich, spicy and the sauce was simply divine. I won’t deny, the smell wafting from our kitchen meant I was getting very impatient towards the end of 3 hours but it was definitely worth the wait. Despite containing multiple green chillies, it wasn’t as fiery as I had predicted, which was fine by me! Still, I would have preferred if the meat was a touch softer, so maybe we’ll do the full 4 hours next time, but that being said, we still had a fabulous meal!