Homemade Basil Pesto

For me, there’s something immensely satisfying about making things from scratch. Firstly, I know what’s in it. Secondly, it always tastes So Much Better.

Pesto is so quick and simple to make yet I must admit, I do buy the jars from the supermarket. They’re convenient but they don’t taste half as good as the real stuff :(

During the week, in the midst of a pasta craving, I decided to make some homemade pesto. Chocolate Queen and Daisy Moo helped out (not that it’s difficult to do, I just like having people to chat with while I’m in the kitchen lol), and we ended up with a quick fabulous meal.


We used a mortar and pestle but of course you could use a food processor :)

Getting it all together


Really easy stuff – basil leaves, olive oil, salt and pine nuts


Smashing it together

One thing I love about mortar and pestles is the smell you get when crush stuff up in them!

It’s ready for cheese!

I usually add some Parmesan, but I’ve seen recipes that ask for Pecorino as well.


The finished product!

I usually only make enough for one sitting, but I imagine you could easily make it in bulk, and store it in a sterilised container with some olive oil on top :)

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - The Delectable Delight - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template